I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little - if only out of politeness. And then, you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny. -- Coco Chanel

Tuesday 30 March 2010

My 21st!

I had an amazing 21st birthday...

I spent time with the family and boyfriend in the day and got lots of lovely presents and money. My favourite present of all simply had to be the dressing table I have wanted for ages...

It is antique with a dressing table mirror and accessories to display on the table; a silver antique hand held mirror and hair brushes. The only thing missing is a stool so I can sit there and apply my make-up and fix my hair! I’m not sure where I could get a stool that would suit the dressing table. I might buy a stool then cover it with a vintage fabric...that could look nice!
Anyway...here are some photos of my dressing table so you can see how I’v decorated it.





Not only did I have a lovely day at home but when returning back to my halls of residence in Southampton I was stunned by a very lovely surprise, that my flat mates must have very thoroughly planned!

As I walked into the kitchen through a curtain of hanging 21’s , a confetti canon went off and everyone was singing, while my flat mate held a big cupcake birthday cake. I’d never ever seen the kitchen like this before, usually the kitchen is cluttered up with dirty dishes and mouldy tea towels that smell of decaying bodies.

I felt like the girl in the film The Little Princess when she enters her dingy attic room to find it has transformed into an Indian inspired room with a banquet of an array of delicious foods.



(Above) A little Princess- I love this film so much!



Here are a few photos taken in the kitchen...my favourite part had to be the strawberries dipped in the chocolate fountain.





Let me know what you think ;) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment