I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little - if only out of politeness. And then, you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny. -- Coco Chanel

Wednesday 31 March 2010

Just your average pale skinned pear shape...

Summer is a season that we just can’t get enough of, but for many women we know it’s time to start preparing for that ultimate beach body...

I guess you can say I’m a bit of a worrier. I worry about a lot of things, especially the way I look. If you ask any of my friends, they will tell you how before a night out I look in the mirror about a hundred times , contemplating whether my legs or bum are too big for that particular dress, or distressing if the dress is too tight for my figure. I know their probably fed up with hearing it and kindly always tell me I look nice but I just can’t help but think it...

Don’t get me wrong- I’m not one of those skinny girls that worry about nothing, but I’m not saying I’m big either. I’m your average pale skinned pear shape, size 10 on top and 12 on bottom. Small boobs and waist and big thighs and bum, but it’s not this that troubles me, it’s the fact that I’m sure my legs don’t just touch at the top... they actually overlap! And the fact that my legs aren’t the longest legs around doesn’t help, I’m only 5ft2.

Well I know your probably thinking ‘if your that worried do something about it’ and yes I should really and I have before, but the trouble is I love food so much, I find it hard to keep at it!

Anyway I’m now beginning to worry how I’m going to look on my holiday to Croatia in May. I mean, on my first holiday to Italy I didn’t really think about dieting or toning up for it, I guess I didn’t feel the need. However, I did go to a salon and get a St Tropez applied and honestly it done wonders for my confidence, where my skins so pale I just burn in the sun and can never achieve a natural tan.

The following year I booked a holiday to Greece. I went on a strict regime of special k diet and 5 days a week at the gym on a cardio and weight program and stuck to my belly dancing once a week. I decided for Greece I wasn’t going to get a tan because I felt I would be confident enough without it. Whilst on holiday, I realised I should have got a tan before, which would have been the real confidence booster.

I’ve always been extremely pale and let’s be honest pale skin can be pretty but it does show up an endless amount of flaws that can easily be covered with a tan. A tan also makes me look healthier and emphasized the small amount of cleavage I do have.

So, in preparation for my Croatian holiday, I’m going to try and eat as healthily as I can, practise a little belly dancing in my room and book in my St Tropez tan!!


Here are 2 photos whilst I was on holiday... The one in the bikini is from Greece (without tan) and the one sat down (with St Tropez tan). Its hard to make real judgement because only one is in a bikini...but let me know you're views on this subject :)


No comments:

Post a Comment