I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little - if only out of politeness. And then, you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny. -- Coco Chanel

Saturday 20 November 2010

New York excitement and new buys...

It's exactly 11 days until I go to New York! I've just booked my place on the Sex & the City tour too and I'm going with my uni course. I'm getting excited but just can't wait until I have handed in all my uni work, then I'll be even more excited!



So, I've been trying to find cute and warm things to wear whilst there, as I want to look nice but I've heard it's freezing so I'm probably just going to give up and end up looking like an eskimo :(



Lovely new hat with a corsage on the side, £4.99, H&M

Instead of my usual bright red obsession, I went for more of a dark berry red which is a colour I'm really loving at the moment.

As I always have to have some sort of bow in my hair, I thought it would look too busy to have a normal size bow in my hair, so to add a bit of detail to the hat I secured it with a tiny gold hair slide.

So I have this one and also another hat which is my favourite, bright red with a big bow on it...

Here's the bright red hat that will be accompanying me to New York~



Hat, Topshop
Shoes, belt & dress, New Look
Lace waistcoat, Apple Tree Boutique

Now to find another snood (customize with a brooch) and some warm boots and woollen socks...



If you've been to New York, I'd love it if you could give me some tips on best places to go,see and shop =)

x


(images sourced http://weheartit.com/)

5 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous that I'm not going anymore ): I hope you have a really good time! I'm sure I'll ask you all about it when you come back! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hat looks really pretty on you! :)

    Have fun in New York!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous you're going to New York. I want to go back! Have an amazing time - it's difficult to take it all in at first. It is rather cold out there so layer up some knit wear (: Furthermore, wear some comfortable shoes! Fifth Avenue is obviously a good place to start.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thankyou =)
    aw im glad everyone who has been seems to wanna go back!
    yeah, I need to find some nice knit wear cause all my cardi's are quite thin :/
    I'm sure I will have fun and will definately update my blog with lots of lovely photos =D
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So jealous that you're headed to New York! Have lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete