I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little - if only out of politeness. And then, you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny. -- Coco Chanel

Friday 1 October 2010

Home Sweet Home: my decorated room in pictures

I'm really into all things cute and homely for my room, I mean my house has been filled with all things with sayings from 'Home Sweet Home' to 'Love' for a while now and since I have my own new room and new house now, I thought I would decorate in a similiar style too as I think it can really make a room feel that bit more homely...

I've been stocking up for a while now from pretty shops, such as My House www.myhouseiow.co.uk go check the website! This is just some of what they have to offer...

(sourced: www.myhouseiow.co.uk)

Also another shop close by that offers everything from interiors to accessories is Live Like This, check out the quirky things this shop has to offer on their website...


(sourced:www.livelikethis.co.uk)


I've tried to make my room look as nice as I could and I will definately be filling up more throughout the year but at the moment this is what my room has turned out like... (ignore the dodgy furniture and slightly blotchy walls)




My flower garland, My House
'LOVE' garland, Sass and Belle


Scented hanging heart, My House
Chair, Ikea, £2.50!!
Polka dot brolli, Live Like This


Table & Lamp, Ikea, £5 and £3 (I'm a bargain hunter)
Postcards, Paperchase


Here are my hand painted pegs holding up my photographs on a strand of brown string!

and lastly some art work given to me by Ellie Rose Shenton, studying Fashion Illustration at LCF, because she knew how much I loved it =) So one day when she's a famous Fashion Illustrator I can say... I had one of her first pieces of work ;)

Are you loving the shabby chic look? Have you bought something pretty lately to liven up you're room?

=)

xx

1 comment:

  1. Awh Emily, your room is lovely! I still have to come round and see the house :) I was going to put photos up on pegs and string like you've done, and put lettering up as well haha! Haven't got round to it yet though. xx

    ReplyDelete